What is the difference between Laser and IPL hair removal methods?
The main difference between IPL and Laser for hair removal purposes is in the technology that each use to generate light.
IPL hair removal: Emits a broad spectrum (white light) of high-intensity light which is emitted a multiple wavelengths. IPL is a safer method and many has described as a painless treatment.
Laser hair removal: emits a single, focused and precise wavelength that is optimized for maximum follicle absorption. However due to the higher intensity of the light any skin reactions during the treatment are more likely to e permanent with traditional Laser.
Both SHR IPL Hair Removal and Laser Hair Removal provide the correct wavelength of light that is absorbed by melanin in hair, which converts to heat and permanently disables the hair from growing.
Both systems have been proven to be effective in permanent hair reduction, this includes areas such as your face, Brazilian, bikini, legs, underarms, arms, etc. You can also use IPL for skin rejuvenation, treating conditions and blemishes including freckles and sunspots, general pigmentation, spider veins, red spots, broken capillaries, rosacea and red scarring, sun damaged skin and acne/acne scars.
Why permanent hair reduction?
- You want silky, smooth, hair-free skin.
- You want to give up shaving forever.
- You want to be free from ingrown hairs or shaving rash.
- You want hair removal that saves you time and money in the long term.
Need more info on hair removal treatments? Try our Hair Removal Tips.
Before your treatment it is crucial to:
- Shave the area in the 24 hours before your treatment.
- Make sure your skin is not irritated, inflamed, cut or infected.
- Do not use bleach on the hair you want removed in the weeks before IPL treatment.
- Do not Sunbake or use tanning beds, self-tanning creams or chemical peels for at least 2-4 weeks before your treatment.
- Do not wear perfumes, deodorants or any potential irritants in the area being treated before your appointment. This also includes any fake tan being in the area being treatment.
- Wax, tweeze or pluck in the 4 weeks before your treatment.
You may notice dead hair surfacing for 2-3 weeks after treatment. Although this may appear to be new growth, it’s not. This process is called purging or shedding and will take time to complete. Once your skin is no longer sensitive, you can wipe away these hairs with a damp cloth or exfoliate with a loofah mitt.
Protect the area treated with sun screen and minimal light exposure.
Start this exfoliating process 1 week after treatment, but no earlier. To get the best results from your IPL, you may need multiple treatments.
Unfortunately, some skin types will not be able to undergo IPL, this also includes pregnant women or if you are on certain medications which cause ultra violet sensitivity to the skin. Feel free to contact us before coming in for a consult if you have any questions.
Remember before booking for any IPL hair removal treatments we need to see you for a consultation and test patch. During this time we will explain what to do to prepared you for your first treatment as well as we will explain really into detail the process of the treatment.
It may sound like something a pastry chef would do, but sugaring is actually an ancient hair-removal technique that promises to decrease hair growth permanently. It’s been gaining column inches lately as a more natural alternative to laser hair removal or waxing, great for pregnant women, and great for women who are allergic to wax or react quiet strongly to the methods mentioned above. Sugar fills the hair follicle, lubricating it and extracting fuzz from the root. It hurts less than waxing as sugar pulls the hair off within the direction of the hair growth rather than against it like with waxing. The result is less hair breakage, less or no ingrown hairs. As hairs only need to be 15mm long, you are removing them when they are still attached to the blood supply which promotes permanently hair reduction over time.
What do you need to do to be a candidate for sugaring?
Your hair must be at least a quarter of an inch long so that the gel is able to bind to the hair and pull it out at the root. Make sure the area you plan on removing hair is well exfoliated and not oily. You can easily clean up any residue from sugaring with water since all of the ingredients in the mix are natural.
What do you need to do after sugaring?
We urge people to avoid hot water, exfoliation, gym activity and the sauna or pools for 48 hours. After that time period, you are in the clear to exfoliate to prevent in-growns hairs. Make sure to incorporate a lovely and efficient exfoliant and a super hydrating moisturiser. Nothing better that to maximise your results than keeping your skin healthy.
Sugar paste can be applied over missed hairs.
- The paste is very gentle and can be put right over an area that was just sugared but missed some hairs, without fear of much irritation. Is natural and a great alternative for very sensitive skins.
Someone experienced can do sugaring quickly with the paste.
- Large amounts of hair can be taken out at once, and finished faster than waxing. With most waxes, you have to apply them to a limited area- remove, go to your next area- remove and so forth. With sugaring you can speed things up by applying the paste to a very large area, and it won’t dry out, even if you take it off in smaller sections.
Easy clean up.
- Both the paste and gel are water soluble, meaning you can clean off any residue left on the skin with plain water. Wax is not water soluble, meaning it needs an oil-based remove to get rid of all traces.
Hair doesn’t need to be too long.
- 1/15 of an inch is needed when using the traditional technique with the paste, which is about two to five days of hair growth after shaving. Using the gel requires 1/4 inch of hair growth.
Sugar paste doesn’t work if body is to hot or the environment.
- For example coming straight after the gym. What happens with the sugar when you m ix it with water? The sugar melts. Best to come straight after a shower and free of moisturizer and / or deodorant.
Sugar is more expensive than waxing.
- Not much difference but on regards tretments sugaring can be slight lightly more expensive however sugaring promotes permanent hair reduction there fore can be a higher quality service
Waxing is one of the most common, cost effective and popular choices for hair removal, waxing is time friendly, effective, hygienic and over time provides hair reduction as the follicle and root have been weakened due to removal of the hair. As waxing completely removes the root it can take up to 4 weeks for full hair rejuvenation, to be able to wax you need to have atleast 3-4 weeks growth for the treatment to be effective.
Long Lasting Smooth and Silky Skin.
- As told above waxing removes hair from the roots hence it takes longer time for new hair to grow back. Though the duration of growth of new hair varies from person to person and skin types but generally it is observed that it takes around 3-8 weeks. Waxing ensures long periods of smooth, silky and hair free skin.
Reduced Skin Damage.
- As compared to other hair removing techniques like creams or shaving, waxing does not have negative effect on your skin. Most commonly observed skin damages associated with other hair removal methods are pigmentation, cuts or bad smelling skin. Even the wax used for the process is 100% natural hence the chances of reaction due to harsh chemicals are zero.
Softer and Finer Body Hair.
- After waxing the new hair that grows back are soft and fine. The other advantage of waxing is that it does not causes ugly stubble which is usually associated with shaving.
Besides removing unwanted body hairs waxing also rejuvenate skin and removes dead skin cells.
- So it can be said that indirectly it serves the function of skin exfoliation.
Diminishes Hair Growth.
- Repeated and regular waxing diminishes hair growth. Gradually you will observe sparse and scanty hair growth which might even lead to complete cessation of hair growth.
- As compared to other hair removing techniques waxing is the most cost efficient method.
Waxing can peel the skin.
- Our skin is delicate and sometimes can be compromised by waxing treatments. Skin lift can occur and is painful. However our therapist will ensure to assess your skin and perform a correct waxing technique to prevent this from happening at all costs.
Redness and irritation.
- Nearly everyone who gets body hair waxed, no matter how strong their skin, will endure some redness for a while post-wax. This can vary from being just a bit pink in the treated area for a few hours to having a rash,red bumps, and even some bleeding and bruising that can last for several days. Even those who get waxed regularly may not be immune.
IPL SHR (Intense Pulse light Super Hair Removal)
Paulina de los Reyes brings to you the latest in IPL hair removal technology. IPL SHR by Soma Light Australia. Super Hair Removal IPL Therapy is here. Now offering PAIN-FREE, super-fast, safer and exceptional results. IPL SHR involves the gradual heating of the dermis to a target temperature that damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth effectively, meanwhile avoiding injury to the surrounding tissue. A high repetitive rate of single pulses (1-10) is delivered deep into the dermis, achieving high average power and therapeutically effective heat build-up, without the risk of injury and no pain. Book your consultation and start taking advantage of this amazing brand new technology and get rid of hair effectively and without pain.