Do you have a busy lifestyle and feel like spending every morning filling eyebrows is too much? Well, there is a long-term solution for you. You can now say goodbye to pencils and powder fill every morning by undergoing a simple ombre brow treatment. This is an eyebrow treatment that will cut the time you spend wearing makeup by almost half. But just what is it? Here is everything you need to know about ombre brows.
What Are Ombré Brows?
Ombre powder brow or ombre tattooing is a semi-permanent eyebrow treatment that gives off softer powdery finish when the skin heals. The procedure works by depositing pigment underneath the skin to improve the appearance of your brows. Once the ombre brows treatment is successfully performed, the new brows can last for 1 to 3 years if properly maintained. You will look as if you have makeup, making it ideal for women with a busy lifestyle.
Ombre Brow is more like the traditional tattoo where thousands of tiny dots pigment inserted on the skin, gradually builds up color and define the shape. The only difference is that the ombre brow technique is not invasive as tattooing. However, to get a permanent eyebrow tint, you should get a regular touch-up, probably around 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
Ombre eyebrow procedure includes just a couple of steps. However, lots of professionalism is required to get it right. First, the eyebrow area is thoroughly cleaned with warm water to remove dirt and oil. The second thing that the stylist will do is to apply a topical anaesthetic on the brow area to numb the skin. Numbed skin becomes easy for the stylist to work with minimal disruption due to skin sensitivity.
With the brow area is numbed, the stylist etches the brow shape using a small tattoo pen. Then they will start filling the powder with a lighter hand as they gauge your skin reaction to the pen. After assessing the skin reaction and confirming everything is ok, the stylist will fill your brow with a darker effect to finish the process. The whole process takes anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours. However, the time to create the semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo will depend on the skill level of the stylist and the desired results.
Are Ombré Brows Right for You?
Ombre powder fill procedures work for almost all skin types. But there are factors you need to consider while selecting the right semi-permanent makeup for your eyebrows- it goes down to the style you want. If you are looking for a more natural, fuller brow, feather touch blows would be a perfect choice. But for those looking for a bolder, thicker trendy brow, then ombre brows are the best option for you. It is non-invasive, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin.
How Long Do Ombré Brows last?
One of the biggest reasons why the ombre powder fill procedure remains popular, is its characteristics as a long-term solution and its safety. The semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo lasts anywhere from 1 year to 3 years depending on the adherence to the aftercare and regular touch-ups to keep ahead of the fading curve. That is because the colour fades with time and should. However, the period between each touch-up is incredibly long. The first touch-up can be anywhere between 6-8 weeks followed by a 3-month period to the next touch up. The other thing that will determine how long your ombre brows lasts depends on the choice of colour and softness of the shade.
Why Ombré Powder Brows is the Next Big Thing
The reasons why ombre brows are one of the latest and greatest trends in the market is because of their numerous advantages over most of the available semi-permanent eyebrow tint alternatives. Here are 5 reasons why it is the current and next big thing:
- Less Invasive: Unlike microblading where we have an incision or small cuts into the skin, ombre brows does not involve cutting the skin around brow areas. Instead, they use a small machine to disperse extremely fine dots of pigment on the brow area.
- Less bleeding: The process is less painful since the technician uses the airbrush-like technique. There are also no cuts, and thus bleeding is minimal or zero.
- Last longer: Ombre brows can last on average 2-3 years, which is a long time for semi-permanent makeup. However, the result does vary based on the style, your skin type and your lifestyle.
- It looks natural, and it’s difficult for someone to tell they are fake.
- Works for all skin types, unlike alternative semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos that are invasive.
Factors That Will Cause Ombré Brows to Fade Faster
Being semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos means that they will fade over time. However, if properly maintained, they can last for more than 3 years. However, there are things that can make your brows to fade fast. They include:
- Tanning Bed/Sun Exposure: like any colour, the colour of the ombre power is likely to be affected by the exposure to the sun. It is natural for any colour to fade fast if exposed to the sun. Ombre eyebrow tattoos are not different from the rest of the colors and you need to minimise its exposure to direct sunlight.
- Exfoliating: This is the removal of the dead skin on the skin’s outermost surface. It is very common with facials and involves harsh products that would cause ombre brow fades faster.
- Oily skin: If you have oily skin, you need to do frequent touch-ups.
- Medical conditions: There are skin conditions that will affect the darkness of the colour deposited.
Are Ombré Brows Painful?
Very few eyebrow-shaping procedures are painless, and ombre eyebrows is not one of them. But it is not that painful compared to other techniques such as microblading. However, that does not mean you will not feel any pain, you will still get some discomfort. However, pain varies from person to person. If you have been waxing or plucking your eyebrows, you’re likely to feel no pain throughout the procedure. For someone who has never treated their eyebrows before, they might feel some discomfort. Lastly, the use of the topical anaesthetic cream will make the procedure almost painless.
Pre-Ombré Brow Tips
After you have booked an appointment to get a semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo, there are some things you need to do right. First, you must ensure that the skin is healthy and strong enough for the process. You must also be in good health. Here are the pre-ombre brow care tips:
- Make sure you are in good health for the procedure. The health of the skin is paramount.
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine for at least 48 hours since the two will dehydrate your body
- A week before the procedure, stop taking any blood thinners
- Avoid facial injections for one month before the procedure
- No anti-aging treatments 2 weeks before your appointment
- On the day of the appointment, do not take a hot shower
To get the most of the ombre brows treatment, these are things that you should do after the procedure:
- Apply the special ombre brow ointment as directed. The technician or stylist should provide that.
- Do not touch the healing brow area with fingers
- Do not rub, peel, touch or scratch the healing area
- Clean the brow area with a mild antibacterial soap
- Avoid soaking the eyebrow in water
- When bathing apply a coating to prevent water getting into the area
- Avoid direct sunlight
How much do Ombré Brows cost?
If you want to get these cosmetic eyebrow tattoos in Melbourne or its suburbs such as Williamstown, Newport, Williamstown North or Altona, it won’t cost you that much. Most of the top salons offer wallet-friendly charges for the service. From the various top best salons in Melbourne that we’ve sampled, the cost varies by a small margin. At Paulina de Los Reyes, your first appointment plus the first touch-up will cost about $599. Here is how the charges for ombre brows are like:
This service is applied by shading the shaped brow design with the right choice of pigment depending on your skin tone. The Ombré brow technique can produce a soft yet defined ‘shadow’ effect. This technique can also be used as a combination with micro-blading and includes complimentary touch up (4-6 weeks after treatment).
|12 weeks touch up||$99|
|3-6 months touch up||$199|
|6-12 months touch up||$299|
|12-18 months touch up||$399|
|18-24 months touch up||$449|
Where Can I Get Ombré Brows Done In Melbourne?
Whether you are in the Melbourne CBD or suburbs like Williamstown North, Newport or Altona, there are many salons where you can get ombre brows done. But if you are looking for class and quality service, Paulina des Los Reyes is one of the top rated salons in Melbourne. For almost a decade, PDLR has earned the trust of the Port Phillip Bay Area, Antona due to their unrivaled quality service and professionalism. Book an appointment and get your brows done!